photo Bloglovin_zpsec009169.png  photo Twitter_zps746db242.png  photo Instagram_zps529e528b.png  photo Pinterest_zps16698b9b.png

HTML How To #1 Make a Hyperlink


Evening Glameroons!

This evening things are getting a little bit geek-chic as I'll be sharing with you how to create HTML links within text & how you can use this to share a direct link to your blog, 
when commenting on other Blogger's posts. 

When creating links to external pages within a blog post, Blogger has a nifty link button which you can click & it'll allow you to add or remove a link with minimal effort.

Not only can you add external links within blog posts, you can add them to the widgets surrounding your blog post & my personal favourite, creating a direct link to my blog, which I can use as a signature when posting on other blogs.

What the link button doesn't tell you is, exactly what's happening...

An example: <A HREF="http://www.glam-eye-am.blogspot.co.uk">Click here to read The Glambulance</A>

An explanation:

☛ The A stands for anchor...  This indicates that you will be beginning the HTML for an external link
☛ The HREF stands for Hypertext Reference → Telling the link where it's going to go
glam-eye-am.blogspot.co.uk Is the URL where the link is going
Click here to read The Glambulance Is the text which appears, to be clicked on...
☛ The /A shows the end of the 'command'

It's pretty straightforward... 
If you're not comfortable writing your own, copy, paste & edit the example below 


<A HREF="http://WWW(dot)WRITE YOUR URL HERE"> WRITE YOUR TEXT HERE </A>


Once you have your code, you can paste in into the 'comment box' 
when you're signing off you're comment...
to copy ctrl c // cmd c to paste ctrl v // cmd v

I hope this post has been helpful. As always, any questions please comment below...


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this information Heather. Thanks also for becoming a Follower of my Blog. I am happy to follow back. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thanksk for following Carole's Chatter. I have followed you right back. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it is snowing on your blog!!! Can you make hearts fall??? I would love to get that effect on my blog :)
    I am following you from the hop and would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/ww-they-say-she-looks-like-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice info :)

    im following your blog. mind follow me back?
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog & taking the time to comment!

Be sure to leave your link(s) so I can check out your blog(s)

You can also, follow me on twitter @pixee_pea